Top Ten Tuesday




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new prompt is provided and book bloggers, like me, share their top ten lists. 

This week's prompt-
Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2014




1. Colleen Hoover- This was obviously the year of Colleen Hoover for me. I read four of her books in 2014 and can't wait to read the rest next year. Her writing is fresh, funny, and real and she is quickly becoming my new favorite author.
  

2. Jill Knapp- Another author I really loved this year, Jill Knapp. Her books are fun and fabulous and I couldn't put them down no matter how hard I tried. A mixture between Gossip Girl and Sex and the City, I can't wait to read the next things she comes up with. 
 

3. Jenny Nordberg- Jenny Nordberg is actually a journalist who wrote a book about what she was seeing in Kabul; young girls who were dressing up and pretending to be boys. Her book was fast-paced and gripping like a work of fiction yet the facts were raw and real. Another one who I want to read more. 

4. Jojo Moyes- Before this year, I had never heard of any of Jojo Moyes' books but started seeing them everywhere so I quickly caught on. I only had a chance to read one this year but am excited to make my way through the rest of her books. 

5. Jeanette Walls- This is an author that I can't believe I had never heard of before this year. Jeannette Walls had an insane and miserable life which shaped who she is today. Her memoir was fascinating and I know her novels will be, too.

6. Hilary Grossman- Writing about your life, especially about topics that might be hard to write about, can be a very tricky thing, but Hilary Grossman handles it with style. I loved her memoir and I hope she continues to give us more. 

7. Lawrence Wright- An author who has been around for awhile, but I only discovered this year. Lawrence Wright is an amazing writer, especially because he is researching and writing about such complex topics with great detail, and yet he makes it all interesting and exciting. I love nonfiction and this book was more than I ever would have expected- one of my favorites. 

8. Pamela Srey- I discovered Pamela Srey when she approached me to review this book, and I'm so glad she did. I loved this story as her characters were very relatable and likable. I can't wait to follow what happens to them next. 

9. E. Lockhart- Not only was this my first E. Lockhart book, but it was also one of my favorite YA books this year, which was a relatively new genre for me for 2014. I really enjoyed her writing style as well as the mystery this book entailed. 

10. Miranda Richmond Mouillot- My last new-to-me author of 2014 was Miranda Richmond Mouillot. I loved her story and the journey she went on to find out what really happened between her grandparents all those years ago. 




There you have it! My top ten new-to-me authors of 2014. It was a great year in which I was fortunate enough to find many amazing authors with books that I couldn't get enough of. I hope I am just as lucky in 2015! Thank you to the wonderful authors...



-Busy Brunette 



Labels: