Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new prompt is provided and book bloggers, like me, share their top ten lists.
This week's prompt-
Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2014
1. Colleen Hoover- This was obviously the year of Colleen Hoover for me. I read four of her books in 2014 and can't wait to read the rest next year. Her writing is fresh, funny, and real and she is quickly becoming my new favorite author.
2. Jill Knapp- Another author I really loved this year, Jill Knapp. Her books are fun and fabulous and I couldn't put them down no matter how hard I tried. A mixture between Gossip Girl and Sex and the City, I can't wait to read the next things she comes up with.
3. Jenny Nordberg- Jenny Nordberg is actually a journalist who wrote a book about what she was seeing in Kabul; young girls who were dressing up and pretending to be boys. Her book was fast-paced and gripping like a work of fiction yet the facts were raw and real. Another one who I want to read more.
5. Jeanette Walls- This is an author that I can't believe I had never heard of before this year. Jeannette Walls had an insane and miserable life which shaped who she is today. Her memoir was fascinating and I know her novels will be, too.
9. E. Lockhart- Not only was this my first E. Lockhart book, but it was also one of my favorite YA books this year, which was a relatively new genre for me for 2014. I really enjoyed her writing style as well as the mystery this book entailed.
There you have it! My top ten new-to-me authors of 2014. It was a great year in which I was fortunate enough to find many amazing authors with books that I couldn't get enough of. I hope I am just as lucky in 2015! Thank you to the wonderful authors...