Book Review: The Good Widow



My Rating: 4

I finished this book in under two days. TWO DAYS. Given the fact that I have a toddler now, that's saying something.

The Good Widow is about Jacks, a woman who finds out that her husband has died in a tragic car accident when on his business trip to Kansas. Or so she thought. Turns out he died in Hawaii… with another woman.

Now Jacks is left with not only the devastating blow that her husband was lying to her about his whereabouts, but also the fact that he was having an affair, as well. She is trying to pick up the pieces of her life when the other woman’s fiancé arrives at her door, left with the same questions Jacks has about the mystery surrounding their deaths. Together, they will try to find out the truth about who their significant others really were.

The book had a lot of twists and turns I never saw coming. I liked how it switched perspectives and timelines of before/after the accident, as I felt this made the pace go a lot faster. The feelings the characters had to deal with were real and raw. So were the surprises that just kept coming. While I was slightly annoyed by a few of the twists, for the most part it was a great story.

Overall, The Good Widow is an excellent book if you are looking for a fast-paced novel full of suspense without any of the horror or gore you may find in other similar books. The plot is intriguing, and I guarantee it will have you hooked until the very end. If you are looking for a quick thriller- you will not be disappointed! 


-Busy Brunette 

Labels: ,