Book Review: Crazy Rich Asians


My Rating: 4

Short and sweet:
I have really conflicting feelings about this one - I was entranced by it and found the author's writing style to be completely different and refreshing.
It was the fun and light read I needed, and the background about the lifestyles of the crazy rich was intriguing to read about... until it started to get a little old. About halfway through I found myself skipping through sections that went into depth about the extravagance (you can only read so many descriptions about private jets and designer labels) and skimmed until I got to the main plot points about Nick and Rachel. I really enjoyed it but feel it probably could've cut a lot out, been much shorter, and still had the same overall effect. I will still be checking out the sequels! 

-Laura

Labels: ,